Frequently Asked Questions
1. How will the award be determined?
A regional Grant Review Committee, comprising of Gilead representatives across various functions, will review the various applications and shortlist the best ideas. The grants will be awarded to projects whose scope align most closely with the set of requirements outlined in the Request for Proposal (RFP) document of the Gilead Asia Pacific Rainbow Grant 2021-2022.
2. What is the amount of the grant?
3. Can my organization submit more than one project?
4. Can a for-profit organization apply?
No. Gilead Asia Pacific Rainbow Grant is only applicable to organizations with a certification of non-profit tax status. To be eligible, the applicant organization:
- Must be established for at least two years upon the time of the grant application
- Have a strong track record of sound financial stewardship and ability to deliver impactful programming
- Have strong commitment to good corporate governance, compliance, and ethics
- Demonstrate understanding of HIV/AIDS and affected communities
- Have a strong network, partnership capacity and ability to collaborate effectively
Grantees must be in at least one of the following territories: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Applicants are advised to review the eligibility criteria carefully in the RFP document.
5. How can I obtain the RFP document?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the RFP document.
6. Can I apply with ongoing or finished projects?
No. Gilead does not provide retroactive grants. Requests for support must be submitted to Gilead prior to the start of the activity.
7. My organization has previously applied for the Gilead Asia Pacific Rainbow Grant. Am I eligible for this year’s grant?
8. If a project will be launched on more than one date and place, should I submit multiple applications?
Project for multiple dates or locations should be submitted in a single, complete application.
9. Can I submit only an annual budget instead of a detailed budget?
No. You must submit a detailed breakdown of the project budget along with the expected grant funding that you require from the Gilead Asia Pacific Rainbow Grant.
10. Can I upload attachments when I apply?
The online application form requires applicants to upload the projects’ budget plans and timelines. If you have supplementary documents, please send them to email@example.com after submitting the online application form. Please specify the organization name, submission number, project name, and the Gilead Asia Pacific Rainbow Grant Program ID.
11. How will I be informed of the grants award decision?
All official notices regarding the award decision will be sent by email directly to the Grantee organization.
12. Can I discuss my application with Gilead representatives?
Gilead representatives can provide technical assistance, but cannot comment on the award application content. For more information or any further queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.